Sunday, October 5, 2014

retro-quotes # 79544011893

retro-quotes: a series of germane remarks, by others, plucked from all over the place, and from all over the time # 79544011893


"Modern Times - This is an era of immense originality and innovation in machinery. Which is very sad to a person like me, because I don't care. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it's not interesting to me. These things weren't imaginable when I was young. It's almost as if all of humanity is concentrated on this, and we're being used for the transmission of these things; that's what bothers me. You're 25. Do something that angers me, or surprises me. Don't keep rediscovering things. Now the culture is made of old things, it's a collage. Art made out of art is not art. You're supposed to make art out of life. You go into studios and you see these mood boards or whatever? You think you saw that at Saint Laurent's studio? It's other people's art. I call that stealing" 
                                                                              -- Fran Leibowitz, 2014

No comments: